…Afternoon Tea was taken whilst seating in low, comfortable chairs or sofas. Of course, soon after, the upper classes developed their own variation and also called it ‘high tea’. It was a meal that could be eaten when their servants were away or not available, as it was so easy to prepare. The upper class ‘high tea’ involved the amalgamation of Afternoon Tea and high tea…”
The Chantilly Kitchen Tea Room is Darwin’s first.
With a choice of over 40 different Organic teas to choose from, you’re sure to find something that suits your palate. If you don’t drink Tea, that’s ok, as we serve Coffee, Juice, Traditional Milkshakes, Soda etc!
All our Sweet and Savoury dishes are handmade and not mass-produced. No pre-mixes used.
Scones are served fresh daily and often sell out before lunch! They make a perfect breakfast.
You are always welcome to stop by and grab a take-away drink and bite to eat. Our general MENU consists of homemade scones, cakes, various sweets and light lunch choices.
- Croissant with Ham and cheese
- Sandwiches – Chicken, Walnut and Aioli; Cucumber with Creme Fraiche and chives; Smoked Salmon with Cream cheese and dill; Free Range local eggs with whole egg mayo. (All pasturised, and therefore safe for pregnant or breastfeeding ladies)
- Baguette with goats cheese, basil pesto and caramelised onion
We regularly host private functions and don’t charge any additional fees to open for out-of-hours events.
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Parties
- Staff/Corporate events
- Monday CLOSED
- Tuesday to Friday 9am–3pm
(no bookings necessary unless group of more than 4).
- Saturday 8am–2pm
- Sunday 12pm–5pm
Phone: (08) 7906 2825
Address: 66 Aralia St, Nightcliff, Northern Territory
We accept special requests! Everything is hand and homemade.
We only use local, free range eggs and quality ingredients.
NO bought or frozen goods ever come out of our kitchen!
All food-intolerant requests are welcome.
We can host all sorts of functions in our Tea Salon – both Personal and Corporate.
If you’d like to book for a function, please phone the Tea Room during business hours on (08) 7906 2825.
Fresh scones following great-gran’s recipe. Truly been kept in the family, originally starting in England.
An array of flavours, from Rose to Tutti Frutti! Peanut butter and chocolate to Raspberry! Bubblegum to Vanilla Bean… They can be dusted with edible glitter for special occasions.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Slice
- Lemon and coconut
- Oat Muesli Slice
- Brownies – please see separate list above.
- and any request you may have!
- White chocolate and Cranberry
- Orange and Spice cookie
- Double choc chunk Cookie
- Themed or shaped vanilla and iced with fondant and icing. These cookies are usually larger than normal and take quite a lot of time.
- Traditional classic with dark chocolate
- Double choc with white chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate and walnuts with Frosting
- Gluten-free with choc chips
- Cookies’n’cream with Oreos
- Banana with Caramel buttercream
- Chocolate Mud flourless (gluten-free)
- Earl Grey with Vanilla Buttercream
- Red Velvet with Milk chocolate Buttercream
- Special made-to-order, Lace, Pearls and Cameo Cupcakes. POA.
- Other flavours such as carrot, vanilla, milk chocolate, strawberry etc.
Catering and High Tea Packages
Click to view larger
Choose Your Add-Ons
Creating NEW designs from old school techniques! While enjoying your gorgeous time out at the Tea Room, make your own keyring, under the instruction of Ursula Watson! Only the best Natural Cotton fibres are used.
Flower Crown Workshop
Make the most stunning flower crown for a memorable afternoon with flowers that will last forever.
Brush Lettering Workshop
Learn a new skill! Brush script lettering is great for all kinds of projects including card-making, invitations, and more. Learn the fundamentals and come away with the techniques required to practise and improve at home. At the end of this one-hour workshop, you get to take home a series of worksheets, a special brush pen, and your finished brush lettering piece.
Such a popular little “cookie”, is our macaron! These can be added to your high tea and if your group has numbers higher than 10, you can even request your favourite flavour!
We are not licensed to sell, but are able to serve. We have the most divine Champagne Glasses and can set your special table with these.